engageDC is a service leadership program
that connects GW students with direct
and indirect service opportunities in DC.
Service: Positively impact the lives of others and meet local needs by serving 3-6 hours a week with a community partner organization.
Leadership: Gain new perspectives through weekly reflections and monthly enrichment activities.
Community: Build a network of friends at GW and beyond campus committed to social justice.
Requirements and Responsibilities
• Must be available for an entire semester (academic year preferred) and be a registered full-time student at GW
• Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University with no cases pending
Basic Characteristics & Responsibilities:
• Participate in weekly direct or indirect service at one engageDC partner organization (3-8 hours/week)
• Attend a weekly cohort meeting facilitated by your engageDC Leader (1 hour/week)
• Plan and implement at least one campus-wide awareness event with cohort participants and engageDC Leader each semester
• Complete evaluations and assessments of program and service impact (weekly during cohort meeting)