GW SMARTDC is committed to providing quality on-site,
one-on-one or group tutoring for K-8th grade students in Washington, D.C.
About GW SMARTDC
In partnership with DC Public Schools and community-based organizations, GW SMARTDC is committed to providing quality on-site, one-on-one or group tutoring for K-8th grade students in Washington, D.C. Tutors build literacy and math skills with students while fostering meaningful relationships.
Both volunteers and Federal Work Study students are eligible to apply.
- GW SMARTDC connects GW tutors to community-based organizations through our university-community partnerships. Tutors ‘staff’ after-school programs, intervention or enrichment programs or support teacher instruction in the classroom.
- Tutors work in various capacities: one-on-one, tutoring in small groups, and in a classroom setting.
- Tutors work with K-8th grade students performing below grade-level to improve their academic performance.
- Tutors establish interpersonal relationships with the students to improve their individual attitudes toward education.
- Tutors encourage K-8th grade students to consider college as an option and promote college access.
Interested in tutoring? You can apply here or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.