Course Designation: Nashman Community-Engaged Scholarship
If the students in your course use their academic knowledge and skills to work in partnership with the community for the public good, we encourage you to have your course designated as a Community-Engaged Scholarship course.
Courses may be submitted for designation at any time and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- allows students to find this opportunity through the registrar's schedule of classes;
- helps community organizations and community members identify you as a potential partner;
- ensures your students' work is recognized and represented in the Nashman Center's reports and promotions
Submit Your Course:
- Submit your syllabus and the Course Designation Form (link below) by email to Wendy Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Two Nashman Affiliate Faculty will review these materials against the Nashman Center's Standards of Community-Engaged Scholarship. Their feedback will be shared with you.
- Upon approval for course designation, the GW Registrar will tag the course as a Community-Engaged Scholarship Course.
- The Nashman Center will begin promoting your course to students, faculty, and administrators. Students will be able to find your tagged course in the Schedule of Classes.