Nashman Faculty Development Grants
Support for Community-Engaged Faculty
The Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service annually supports community-engaged scholarship at GW through small faculty grants. These awards promote the development and institutionalization of new community-engaged scholarship opportunities that are consistent with the University strategic plan.
Funds are available to support:
- Development of new academic service-learning courses;
- Service-learning course support;
- Evaluation of existing engaged research or teaching;
- Strategic planning for a community-engaged department;
- Community-based participatory research;
- Research on community-engaged scholarship; and
- Individual or group professional development in community-engaged scholarship.
Proposals to fund initiatives in the 2019/2020 academic year are due December 21, 2018. To apply, download the Request for Proposals below. You may also download a version of the proposal cover sheet in MS Word.