Share widely with your colleagues, it is that time of year again. Applications are now available (link to a PDF here) for the Nashman Center’s mini-grant competition to support community engaged scholarship and teaching at GW.
The purpose of these awards is to promote the development and institutionalization of new community-engaged scholarship opportunities that are consistent with the University strategic plan.
Funds are available to support
- Development of new or ongoing academic service-learning courses
- Community-based participatory research and publishing engaged scholarshipEfforts to engage entire departments community-engaged scholarship through teaching, learning and research
- Activities that promote individual or group professional development in community-engaged scholarship
- Research about engaged scholarship and teaching
- December 11, 2015: Proposals Due
- January 29, 2016: Grant Recipients Selected and Notified
- March 2016: Funds distributed.
- End of Spring 2017: All activities for this round of funding must be complete.