We have a great program for this semester's Service-Learning Symposium. Please encourage your colleagues and students to attend the sessions that interest them!
- Symposium date: Monday, May 1st
- Sessions are offered on the hour from 10am to 4pm
- See the full Symposium program
- Please RVSP here if you plan to attend the Celebration of Service Lunch
Symposium highlights of interest to faculty:
- 10am, Info session on Columbian College General Education G-PAC course designation. Associate Dean Elizabeth Chacko will clarify the criteria and process for your course to receive designation as a "Local/Civic Engagement" G-PAC course.
- Noon, Celebration of Service and lunch
- 1pm, Social Entrepreneurship at GW. An information session on the many opportunities for students to acquire funding to support their innovative ideas.
- 2pm, Community-Based Participatory Research. An overview of the central principles of CBPR by Amy Cohen, Executive Director of the Nashman Center, followed by research presentations by the undergraduate winners of the 2017 Nashman Prize for Community-Based Participatory Research.
- 3pm, Reception and poster presentation session.