Certified to Serve makes it easy for students to complete all required background checks and start serving right away.
If your students could potentially be serving with DC Public Schools, know that the Nashman Center coordinates the DCPS background check process right here on campus.
Step one: TB Testing
Students must first be tested for TB because they need to bring the printed test results with them to "step two." If faculty notify students in advance, students can do this at home during the summer with their own doctors.
To have a TB test on-campus, students can go to the Colonial Health Center. The Nashman Center will cover the cost of this testing, but students must do the following:
- Fill Out a Quick Form (go.gwu.edu/nashmanTB)
- Visit the Nashman Center to get a TB Test Voucher
- Visit Colonial Health Center for their TB Test
No appointment for TB testing is necessary, students can walk-in during the times below. Note that students can also receive other immunizations during this appointment.
- Tuesdays or Wednesdays: 9am-12:30pm or 2-3pm.
- Fridays: 10:30am-12:30pm
Step two: DCPS Fingerprinting
Students should bring printed copies of: TB test results, ID (driver’s license/passport), and their most updated physical and immunization records.
- Tuesday, September 6th, time TBD, but typically is 1-4pm, Marvin Center 405
- Tuesday, September 12th, time TBD, but typically is 1-4pm, Marvin Center 405
- Note this date coincides with the Nashman Center's Community Service Fair, also in the Marvin Center.